- Participants must notify the MLS of their intention to display IDX information and must give the MLS direct access for purposes of monitoring/ensuring compliance with applicable rules and policies.
- MLS participants may not use IDX-provided listings for any purpose other than display as provided for in these rules. This does not require participants to prevent indexing of IDX listings by recognized search engines.
- Participants may select the listings they choose to display through IDX based only on objective criteria including, but not limited to, factors such as geography or location (“uptown,” “downtown,” etc.), list price, type of property (e.g., condominiums, cooperatives, single-family detached, multi-family), cooperative compensation offered by listing brokers, type of listing (e.g., exclusive right-to-sell, or exclusive agency), or the level of service being provided by the listing firm.
- Selection of listings displayed through IDX must be independently made by each participant.
- Participants must refresh all MLS downloads and displays automatically fed by those downloads not less frequently than every 12 hours.
- Any IDX display controlled by a participant must clearly identify the name of the brokerage firm under which they operate in a readily visible color and typeface.
- For purposes of the IDX policy and these rules, “control” means the ability to add, delete, modify and update information as required by the IDX policy and MLS rules.
- Listings displayed pursuant to IDX shall contain only those fields of data designated by the MLS. Display of all other fields (as determined by the MLS) is prohibited. Confidential fields intended only for other MLS participants and users (e.g., cooperative compensation offers, showing instructions, property security information, etc.) may not be displayed on IDX sites.
Prohibited Fields: All fields of the IDX Database may be published except:
- Last Status Change (but ACTIVE, PENDING and CLOSED maybe published)
- Cooperating Broker compensation whether to a subagent or buyer’s agent.
- Negotiate through (Negotiate through Listing Agent or Cooperating Broker)
- Listing date
- Expiration date
- Listing type (i.e., Exclusive Right To Sell or Exclusive Agency) i. Additional area j. Modifications (list modifications to the Listing Agreement) k. Tax Identification Number l. Owner’s name m. Internet Y/N
- All listings displayed pursuant to IDX shall identify the listing firm in a reasonably prominent location and in a readily visible color and typeface not smaller than the median used in the display of listing data. Displays of minimal information (e.g. “thumbnails”, text messages, “tweets”, etc.,) of two hundred (200) characters or less are exempt from this requirement but only when linked directly to a display that includes all required disclosures. For audio delivery of listing content, all required disclosures must be subsequently delivered electronically to the registered consumer performing the property search or linked to through the devices application.
- All listings displayed pursuant to IDX shall show the MLS as the source of the information. Displays of minimal information (e.g. “thumbnails”, text messages, “tweets”, etc.,) of two hundred (200) characters or less are exempt from this requirement but only when linked directly to a display that includes all required disclosures.
- Deceptive or misleading advertising (including co-branding) on pages displaying IDX-provided listings is prohibited. For purposes of these rules, co-branding will be presumed not to be deceptive or misleading if the participant’s logo and contact information is larger than that of any third party.
Click here for the complete list of IDX and VOW rules. (link to attached IDX and VOW rules)